The food-grade conveyor belt is made of environmentally friendly materials. It has no harmful substances, no peculiar smell, and a smooth surface. It is suitable for the transportation of food and raw food materials. In the existing automation environment, the demand is huge. Now the main material of a food conveyor belt is a polyurethane (PU) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
How to choose grade conveyor belt
In food transportation, light conveyor belts are commonly used, and light conveyor belts, PVC belts, and PU conveyor belts are commonly used for general food. PVC conveyor belts and PU conveyor belts belong to industrial conveyor belts. Still, the difference between them is the material. The PVC conveyor belt is made of polyvinyl chloride. PU conveyor belt is made of polyurethane, which meets food hygiene standards and can be in direct contact with food, with moderate color and no peculiarity smell.
You can use PVC food conveyor belts if you are conveying food in bags, cans, or boxes. The reasons are as follows:
1. PVC conveyor belt has high strength, is lightweight, wear-resistant, bright and beautiful, non-toxic, tasteless, anti-static, stretchable, long life and low resistance.
2. The patterned PVC conveyor belt can transport bulk and bagged materials at an angle of 0°~45°, preventing material from slipping and improving the conveying capacity.
3. Good wear, chemical resistance, constant impact hardness, and long service life.
4. The PVC conveyor belt has good elasticity and cannot easily deform. It uses high-strength, high-quality cotton, nylon, and polyester canvas as the core and is made of purely natural rubber. The non-polluting coordinating agent is white or light-colored, non-polluting, and does not affect food hygiene. Odor cover.
5. The product formula of PVC conveyor belt is reasonable in design, meets the hygienic index, and is moderate in color, light and durable.
6. It is suitable for the food industry or the food industry to transport bulk, canned. Box-packed grain or food to a large particle size of 400, and the conveying capacity can range from 1 cubic meter per hour to 6000 cubic meters per hour.
The above is the introduction to the performance characteristics of the PVC conveyor belt. There are many advantages, but it can only be used for a longer time through frequent maintenance. The function is better played.
How to Maintain Food-Grade Conveyor Belts
1. Pay attention to high temperatures. The temperature of the conveyor belt is very high before and after passing through the baking oven. It is necessary to let the conveyor belt run for some time after shutting down until the conveyor belt cools down.
2. Pay attention to the tension. The tension is as low as possible, the driving wheel is covered with anti-slip tape to increase the pulling force, and the wrapping angle is as large as possible.
3. Pay attention to adhesion. The dough is sticky.
4. Pay attention to the backward bending angle of the conveyor belt. The optimal angle for the belt to bend back depends on the belt model.
5. Pay attention to metal detection. Never use a belt with metallic properties.
6. Prevent bacteria from forming. Use synthetic fiber-facing belts on both sides of the belt.
SCplus Belt can provide food grade conveyor belt for you, please contact us.